Victims included 12 civilians and two traffic police officers, with 45 others suffering wounds.
2. Treasure of Persian manuscripts at Dagestan Scientific Centre + an Interview with Patimat Alibekova in Makhachkala (Produced by Pejman Akbarzadeh) – گنجینه نسخه های خطی فارسی در مرکز علمی داغستان + گفتگو پاتمت علیبکوا در ماخاچ قلعه – تهیه کننده: پژمان اکبرزاده
The British Library holds an impressive collection of Christian Arabic texts, including many Bible translations which served a variety of communal interests. The character of the translations varies greatly. Most were based on Greek and Syriac Vorlagen but Hebrew, Latin, and Coptic source texts were also sometimes consulted. The communities were often bilingual – or even trilingual – which is reflected in many manuscripts.
4. 5 October 2020 – 31 March 2021 Online Exhibition: Black Monuments Matter
Black Monuments Matter recognises and highlights African contributions to world history by exhibiting World Heritage Monuments and architectural treasures from Sub-Saharan Africa.
5. “Forms of Religious Recognition in Early Modern Iberia and the Ottoman Empire” (Zoom), 30 November 2020
Timings: Abu Dhabi 12:00 | Melbourne 19:00 | Perth 16:00 | Berlin 9:00 | New York 3:00
Organized by NYU Abu Dhabi Humanities Research Fellowship for the Study of the Arab World program, the Institute for Religion and Critical Inquiry (Australian Catholic University), and the European Qur’an: Islamic Scripture in European Culture and Religion project at the University of Copenhagen (EuQu)
6. Phototheca Afghanica, a project of Foundation Bibliotheca Afghanica
7. The Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Multidisciplinary Studies (Mathal) is now accepting submissions of article (for peer-review) and book reviews and essay (not peer-reviewed) for its Vol.7, Iss.1.
Mathal publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, empirical research, technical notes, and book reviews.
Because Mathal is an online Open Access journal, accepted articles are published as soon as the peer-review and revision processes conclude.
For more information and/or to submit your work, please visit the following websites: