1.Faculty Position in Persian Studies at The University of Arizona (Tucson)
The School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies (MENAS) at the University of Arizona invites applications for a newly established endowed professorship in Persian language instruction. Thanks to a generous grant from the Roshan Cultural Heritage Institute, the Elahé Omidyar Mir-Djalali Professor of Persian Language will begin employment on August 1, 2018.
For further information and to apply, please visit: https://uacareers.com/postings/27035. Review of application materials will begin April 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. For application questions, please contact Eldon Nathaniel Vita at email@example.com.
2. Panel: Medieval Eurabia: Religious Crosspollinations in Architecture, Art and Material Culture during the High and Late Middle Ages (1000-1600)
Conference: Association for Art History 2018 Annual Conference (U.K.), London
Venue: Bush House, King’s College London, Room: BH 2.05
Date: Friday 6 April 2018
Conference’s webpage: https://www.forarthistory.org.uk/our-work/conference/annual-conference-2018/
3. Conference: “The Concept of Scripture, and the Concept of Doctrine in Judaism, Christianity and Islam”, Chair of Oriental Philology and Islamic Studies, University of Erlangen, 18-20 April 2018
Main speakers are Isaac Kalimi; Assaad Elias Kattan; Joseph E. B. Lumbard; Michah Gottlieb; Roman Siebenrock and Waleed El-Ansary.
4. Conference: “Struggles for Autonomy: Caste, Gender, Indigenous, Territorial, and Religious Movements in South Asia”, South Asia Anthropologists Group (SAAG), University of Oxford, 5-6 September 2018
We would like to invite the SAAG participants this year to explore the concept of autonomy as an ideal pursued by various movements throughout South Asia, whether they are based on caste, gender, indigeneity, territory, or religion. Subaltern groups such as Dalits, Adivasis, women, oppressed nationalities or religious groups have all expressed a will to reclaim their destinies from the control of dominant groups or the State.
Deadline for abstracts: 5 August 2018. Information: https://f-origin.hypotheses.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/1460/files/2018/02/SAAG2018CfP.pdf
5. International Conference: “Jihadi Audiovisualities”, University of Mainz, 4-5 October 2018
The conference is organized by the junior research group “Jihadism on the Internet: Images and Videos, their Appropriation and Dissemination”. We will discuss in particular the acoustic dimension of jihadist video communication, address the cinematic means in jihadist videos and focus on artistic ways of engaging with these communicative offers.
6. Post-doctorat en islamologie, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium
La Fondation Sedes Sapientiæ offre la possibilité de poursuivre une recherche approfondie dans le domaine des doctrines de l’Islam classique (Coran, théologie, hadith, mystique).
Date limite de candidature : 15 juin 2018. Information : firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Full-time Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Arabic and Islam Studies, KU Leuven, Belgium
Candidates should be internationally oriented, have excellent teaching competence and a strong research record. Mastering Modern Standard Arabic at native or near-native level is essential. Fluency in a spoken dialect is desirable. Proficiency in English is required.
Deadline for application: 25 April 2018. Information: https://icts.kuleuven.be/apps/jobsite/#/vacatures/54570642?ui=N4IgjgrgpgTgngZwC4wJYDsDmIBcICSCANgIYC2A1hOgCZQgC%2BQA&hl=en&lang=en
8. Visiting Assistant Professor of Arabic, Middle Eastern Studies (MES), Bard College, New York
We are looking for a recent PhD in Arabic literature and culture from any period to contribute to a dynamic and growing MES program. The successful candidate will have native or near-native proficiency in Arabic and English, and experience teaching Arabic, preferably in both formal and colloquial registers. We welcome applications from candidates with a research focus on Classical or Modern Arabic poetry; comparative Arabic-Hebrew, Arabic-Persian, Arabic-Urdu, or Arabic-Turkish training; storytelling and folklore; and/or translation studies.
9. Summer School: “Islam in Europe: Challenges of Pluralism”, Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, 4-18 August 2018
IIIT European Summer School offers unique tools to navigate our reality and world with its rapidly growing pluralistic essence. In order to tackle successfully the challenges in this context, the program offers academically rigorous and innovative analysis and solutions delivered by diverse and internationally acknowledged scholars and professors of exceptional faculty.
Deadline for applications: 1 May 2018. Information: http://cns.ba/vijesti/call-for-applications-iiit-european-summer-school-islam-in-europe-challenges-of-pluralism/
10. The Islam-UK Centre at Cardiff University is pleased to invite applications for the Jameel Scholarships, starting September 2018.
Fully-funded x 3 MA ‘Islam in Contemporary Britain’ (fees, stipend and research ‘allowance’ of £1,000)
Fully-funded x 3 PhD scholarships (fees, stipend and research ‘allowance’ of £2,500 per annum for 3 years)
Closing date for Scholarship applications: 4 May 2018
For all enquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Posted in: Academic items
- April 03, 2018
- 0 Comment