1. FULLY-FUNDED PhD opportunity in Islamic Approaches to Mental Health Treatment and Prevention – at the University of Wales Trinity St David, starting Jan 2020.
Please check the full advert here carefully and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org:
Deadline: 15th October
2. Call for Papers:
The International Center for the Developing Peace, Culture and Rationality in order to promote peaceful coexistence, will hold the Second International Peace Studies Conference on 29 February 2020 and intends to gather together scholars and researcher for having a better explanation of peace and reconciliation.
Abstract deadline: 21 Nov. 2019
Full paper deadline: 20 Jan. 2020
Conference day: 29 Feb. 2020
Conference email: email@example.com
For more information, please refer to https://icpcr.com/en/adm/conference.html
3. Islamic Studies – A Contested University Subject
Jørgen Nielsen, University of Birmingham
Date and Time:
Wed, 6 November 2019
18:00 – 19:30 GMT
Aga Khan Centre (ACR, 1st floor)
10 Handyside Street
4. The Faculty of Theology at UCLouvain (Belgium) is opening a tenure-track position in Classical Islam (Doctrines de l’islam classique). The deadline for applying is Nov. 15, 2019.
5. State University of New York – Geneseo – Assistant Professor of History (Islamic World), focus on the history of the Islamic World before 1800.
Submit all materials by November 15, 2019.
6. The American Research Institute in Turkey (ARIT) is pleased to announce 2020-2021 fellowship programs for students and scholars based in the U.S. and Canada:
ARIT / National Endowment for the Humanities Advanced Fellowships for Research in Turkey cover all fields of the humanities, including prehistory, history, art, archaeology, literature, and linguistics as well as interdisciplinary aspects of cultural history. The fellowships support applicants who have completed their academic training. The fellowships may be held for terms ranging from four months to a full year. Stipend per month is $4,200.
ARIT Fellowships for Research in Turkey are offered for research in ancient, medieval, or modern times, in any field of the humanities and social sciences. Post-doctoral and advanced doctoral fellowships may be held for various terms, from one month up to one academic year. Stipends range from $2,500 to $15,500.
Applications for ARIT fellowships must be submitted to ARIT by November 1, 2019. The fellowship committee will notify applicants by late January, 2020.
Posted in: Academic items
- October 05, 2019
- 0 Comment