1.Announcing Forthcoming Series: Brill Kurdish Studies
The Brill Kurdish Studies book series is dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of Kurdistan and the Kurdish people. It welcomes proposals from every branch of the humanities and social sciences, including literature, linguistics, the arts, history, sociology, political science, religious studies, anthropology, and economics. The series includes monographs, thematic collections of articles, handbooks, text editions, and translations. All the volumes are peer-reviewed and are aimed at a better understanding of the Kurds, their past, their present, and their future.
Please send your book proposals to Abdurraouf Oueslati, Acquisitions Editor at Brill, at email@example.com
2. The Center for Arab and Middle Eastern Studies (CAMES) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) is pleased to announce that we will be offering our intensive summer Arabic programs online between June 15 and July 31, 2020
The application deadline for the online program is May 10, 2020.
For detailed information about the academic content of the programs, application forms, cost, and financial support available, please visit our website: http://www.aub.edu.lb/fas/cames/sap/
If you have any questions, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. As a fully Open Access Journal, the Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Multidisciplinary Studies (mathal) is accessible to both researchers and readers. Authors are able to submit their work online and online their work will be peer-reviewed and published. Works, once published, is available for students and reader to download from anywhere in the world without paying fees.
Mathal would also like to take this moment to remind authors of other advantages of publishing in fully Open Access Journals. We have made key documents public, accessible through the links at the end of this email.
Submit your work for peer-review here: http://ir.uiowa.edu/mathal
4. Iran Heritage Foundation: Persian on-line
|Persian Language Online is one of the IHF’s flagship projects devoted to providing online language learning resources for anyone interested in learning Persian.
During this difficult time where many of us find ourselves housebound, Persian Language Online offers a wealth of practice texts, dialogues, animations and regular blogposts relating to Persian language and culture which will occupy you from your very first attempts at the Persian script, to forays into the vast world of Persian poetry and literature.
5. Afghanistan On-Line Resource:
The A to Z Guide to Assistance in Afghanistan 2020 – fourteenth Edition
POSTPONED: Conference “Discursive Challenges 2020”, Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies (IMEIS), Durham University, 9-11 June 2020
POSTPONED: 7th Conference of the School of Mamlūk Studies, Nicosia, Cyprus, 2-4 July 2020
POSTPONED: Conference of the International Association for the Study of Arabia (IASA): “54th Seminar for Arabian Studies“, Cordoba, 15-18 July 2020
POSTPONED: ATLAS Annual Conference of the Association for Tourism and Leisure Education and Research (ATLAS): “Tourism as a Driver of Regional Development and Collaboration,” Prague, 8-11 September 2020
7. International Conference: “An African Metropolis: Cairo and its African Hinterland in the Middle Ages”, IFAO, Cairo, 15-17 September 2020
This conference’s goal is to portray, for the first time in the same frame, the relationships between the capital city of Egypt and the African continent, on both shores of the Sahara and from the western Maghreb to the Horn of Africa, in the Middle Ages.
8. Conference: “Images and Borderlands: Mediterranean Basin between Christendom and Ottoman Empire in the Early Modern Age”, Split, Croatia, 16-17 September 2020
The starting point of examination will be images, i.e. the usage of images (pictures, mental images, literally images and other visual representations) as historical evidence.
9. Graduate Assistant in Studies of Islam in South Asia, University of Lausanne
Start date: 1 August 2020. Length of contract: maximum 5 years. Work rate: 80%. Profile: M.A. in Language and Cultures of South Asia or a related discipline. Interest to write a doctoral thesis in the cultural, social, and political histories of Muslim societies in South Asia. Knowledge of Urdu is necessary. A good knowledge of French and Persian will be an advantage.
Deadline for applications: 1 May 2020. Information: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=universitdP&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=fr_FR&career_job_req_id=15317&selected_lang=fr_FR&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=6lIl/EOPiPI94hnrY7In+JKHNjE=
10. Associate Professor and/or Full Professor in Political Science, University of Copenhagen
Candidates are invited within the field of International Relations including, but not limited to security studies, gender, diplomacy, war, post-colonialism, international political sociology and political economy.
Deadline for applications: 10 June 2020. Information: https://socioloxy.com/professorship-of-international-relations,i6621.html
11. Best Article Award in Kurdish Political Studies, University of Central Florida (UCF)
For this award cycle, articles published in English in peer-reviewed journals in 2019 will be considered. The award is open to all disciplines under social sciences and humanities. The primary author of the article needs to be an untenured scholar at the time of the publication. The winner will be awarded $500.
Deadline for (self-) nominations: 3 July 2020. Information: https://networks.h-net.org/node/11419/discussions/6127501/call-submissions-best-award-kurdish-political-studies
12. “Fifth Yemen Exchange“: Intensive Online Course on Yemen, 11-15 May 2020
Participants will listen for more than 25 hours to Yemeni analysts, academics, politicians, bureaucrats, business leaders and international experts to gain insight and a rare first-hand knowledge about the country from a wide range of perspectives. Participants will have the chance to virtually engage with speakers both during the sessions and connected with speakers they wish to engage individually after the Exchange.
Deadline for applications: 4 May 2020. Information: https://sanaacenter.org/event/the-fifth-yemen-exchange
13. Online Summer Programme; ‘Gender in Muslim Contexts’ 6-14 July
Aga Khan University Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations
In response to COVID-19, our Summer Programme; ‘Gender in Muslim Contexts ‘ will now be delivered online. The nine-day course will be delivered through live and recorded online lectures, interactive seminars and one to one sessions with lecturers.
All information at: https://www.aku.edu/ismc/short-courses/Pages/home.aspx
Posted in: Academic items
- April 28, 2020
- 0 Comment